Tru Catamaran Sailing Yacht
This Catamaran is constructed to accepted designer specifications and standards. 2 Diesel engines. Garmin wind, speed and depth gauge with single screen toggled readout mounted at helmsman’s control console. All lighting is based on an LED 12v system. The interior of this version consists of two forward cabins each with double beds, wash basin with H&C, lockers and cupboards, one aft double bed cabin on the starboard, right hand side with lockers and a Heads consisting of electric toilet, washbasin and shower in the port, left hand side aft cabin.
Our Catamaran course is taught either as a one week live a board covering the ASA 101 Basic Keel Course, ASA 103 Coastal Cruising Course, ASA 104 Bare Boat Charter Course and ASA 114 Catamaran Course on our 2016 “Tru Yacht” Catamaran made in South Africa. The Catamaran is especially set up for up for three couples with 3 double beds or as a private class for 2 couples. The 114 can also be taught as an add-on after completing the ASA 101,103 and 104 classes. In two-day sails.
- 2 Diesel engines with filters, sail drive and standard 3 bladed, 14inch by 12 inch pitch, propellers, mounted on absorber based engine bedsin easy access aft compartments.
- Wet muffler type exhausts with water flow back locks.
- 2 X Controls including throttles, dials, feedback information, mounted on helmsman’s control console by double helmsman’s bench.
- 2 of 120 Litre diesel tanks mounted mid-ships under cockpit floor area. Includes fuel filler system, filters and breather pipes.
DECK HARDWARE – All from Harkin:
- Main sheet system track fitted on top of Targa with lines and main sheet lines leading down to Cockpit thru Targa legs.
- 2 X adjustable Genoa cars and tracks on cabin roof with lines leading back to Cockpit.
Jammers for sheets and Furling lines fitted for access from Cockpit.
- Winches: All Harkin. 1 on mast at foot for main hoisting, 2 on cabin roof by Cockpit for Genoa or Genneker / Spinacker / Screacher. Option of electric winch to make handling even easier.
- Blocks fitted to Stanchions for guiding furling ropes, or other lines to minimize entanglement and untidiness.
The layout of deck equipment is designed to maximize control from the cockpit for all sail options, whilst not leaving a muddle of cordage.
- Electric Windlass with deck mounted foot controls or linked hand held remote.
- Forward mounted 800mm bowsprit incorporating a swivel bow roller for anchor trimming. Also incorporating an additional bow roller for either a dual anchor or shore mooring.
- 1 X 10 Kg Delta Anchor.
- Chain guide and clew point aft of guide point.
- 10Metre of 8mm chain and 50 Meter of anchor line with thru hatch lead to line and chain locker.
- 4 X Fenders and mooring lines for fore and aft mooring with clew points and fairleads.
HULL, DECK AND BULKHEADS:
- Constructed to accepted designer specifications and standards utilising:
- Resin approved by Lloyds, SABS and ISO9002.
- Gelco at approved by Lloyds, SABS and ISO 9002.
- Lloyds approved balsa core applied in stress points such as cabin roof, Targa etc.
- Chop strand mat and a stitched quad axil mat approved by Lloyds, SABS and ISO9002.
- All reinforcing points around such as chainplates, cross beams, winch points are triple layered for strength.
- All bulkheads are glassed into the hull and deck creating strength and water tight compartmental points forward and aft.
- Non-skid surface at walkway points and tracks applied to deck.
- 2 X coats of International anti-foul. 4 Layers Inter-Protect rolled over Gelcoat below waterline for osmosis protection.
INSTRUMENTATION–All from Garmin:
- Garmin wind, speed and depth gauge with single screen toggled read out mounted at helmsman’s control console.
- VHF 422 with masthead aerial.
- CD/DVD/MP3/Radio player with speakers mounted in Saloon and overhead in Targa legs.
- Option of Radar, Chartplotter, Auto helm etc.
- All lighting based on an LED 12v system: [Safety considerations].
- 1 LED down light in each cabin, 6 LED down lights in Saloon/Galley area.
- 4 LED down lights built into Targa covering the cockpit and the Al-fresco deck.
- Underwater lights in stern of hull by sugar scoops. [Gives a great lighting impact].
- Mast Mounted deck light.
- Swivel reading lights – 3 in total, 1 per sleep cabin.
- The interior of this version consists of two forward cabins each with double beds, wash basin with H&C, lockers and cupboards, one aft double bed cabin on the starboard, right hand side with lockers and a Heads consisting of electric toilet, washbasin and shower in the port, left hand side aft cabin. The optional alternative is for 2 forward double sleep cabins and both aft cabins being ‘wet’ cabins or heads with washbasins, shower, toilet.
- Covering to the ceiling of the saloon and part of all sleep cabins in a low gloss ‘headliner’. Headliner in ‘Heads’ cabin in low gloss finish.
- The beds in the forward cabins are low mounted and run fore to aft to give easy access.
- All cabins are accessed by lockable, framed, lightweight wooden doors.
- Wood paneling to the sides of all cabins in light wood such as Beech, Maple or light oak for easy cleaning finish.
- Sides of ‘Heads’ cabin in low gloss waterproof paneling.
- The Heads consists of a toilet with electric flush, wash basin with H&C and shower with mixer tap. The shower drain pump is automatic. Waterproof lockers are included.
- All cabins and walkways except the heads have multi-coated marine wooden flooring. ‘Heads’ in GRP molding with wooden shower floor.
- Cupboard unit in port hull with opening doors. Cupboard unit in starboard hull with drawers.
- Built in 90 liter top loading fridge and separate freezer in starboard hull.
- Saloon dining area has seating for 6 with seats covered in selected easy clean fabric. Pull out drawers under each seating unit.
- Saloon table with matching top and fiddles.
- Galley unit in saloon area of SS bowl, fold down H&C tap set and fold down filtered cold water tap with cover over sink area. Preparation area, 3 burner gas hob with cover over. Or Galley can be in Port hull area giving more space in the saloon.
- The galley unit also has storage, built in trash bin, and cupboards.
- Microwave unit in Galley.
MAST – All from Sparcraft:
- Standard Spar craft 11 metre anodized aluminium section with steaming, tricolour and deck light fitted with winch and jammers, and cleats.
- Standard Spar Craft anodized aluminium boom section.
- Furling system for Genoa.
- All sail lines and stays required for standard sail pattern
- Targa support poles, large aft pole to Al Fresco deck, two forward poles to cabin roof.
- Double Helmsman’s seat in serious comfort level with fold down back.
- Grab handles on cabin roof.
- Grab handles on Targa roof.
- Pulpit railing with side seats with seats in wood with cushions.
- Pushpit aft rail complete with lifting seats with seats in wood with cushions.
- Sugar scoop step rails.
- 1 Alfresco dining table, with drop sides.
- 8 Stanchions with double safety lines using shackles and bottle screws.
- Fold up boarding ladder in sugar scoop.
- Chainplates and backing plates in polished SS.
- Bowsprit and bow rollers with anchor clamp swivel.
SAILS – All from Ullmans:
- Crosscut square topped mainsail with battens and 3 reefing points. 7.4 oz cloth, 30.48sq. m.
- Stack pack reefing system.
- Radial Genoa with UV protection on furling layout. 6.4 oz cloth, 25.18 sq. m.
STEERING – Vetus hydraulics:
- Consists of a twin rudder system with stainless shafts connected by an adjustable stainless connection rod. The steering is moved by the hydraulic Vetus system, linked to the wheel and the optional auto-pilot. A very simple, proven system positioned for easy access when/if required.
- 10 mm Polyester braided lines for: main halyard, main sheet, Genoa sheets, topping lift, roller furling lines, reefing lines.
- 12 mm Polyester braided lines for Spinnaker, Screecher or Genneker halyards.
- 8mm polyester braided lines for main traveler.
MISC. DECK FITTINGS:
- Deck Cleats X 6 some with fairleads for shore mooring.
- Winch handle pockets with lockable winch handles.
- 1 X Compass mounted at the Helmsman’s control console.
- Water and fuel filler fittings on deck.
- 9 hatches, [2 forward stowage lockers, 2 forward cabin hatches, 2 hatches in saloon, 2 side hatches in aft cabins and 1 access hatch over aft starboard cabin].
- 8 side portlights non-opening.
- 1 fully anodised, large sliding and lockable sliding door to saloon from cockpit.
- Large 10mm acrylite windows for sides and forward view from saloon and forward cabins.
- Sound horn.
- Outside cushions for cockpit.
- Cushions for beds on Targa top.
- Mastervolt Inverter system 1600 either 110 or 220 with AC plug points in all cabins including Saloon, Galley.
- 1 X 65 amp starter battery for the engines.
- 2 deep cycle batteries totaling 210 ah for house supply.
- 1 battery switch.
- 1 custom switch panel and distribution board.
- 1 USB 12 volt outlet at switch panel, [in saloon].
- AC panel 110 or 220.
- DC Panel.
- Gas / propane solenoid cut off regulator. Gas bottle fitment in forward draining locker and piped thru to 3 burner gas unit in Galley.
- Connection point on deck for AC shore supply.
- Electric toilet, large bowl.
- Mixers with shower outlets in heads.
- Shower drain pump.
- 200 liter water tank mounted forward lockers with filler point by mast.
- 15 ltr, hot water calirifier for hot water system.
- Mixing taps in Heads, Galley and both forward cabins with H&C.
- 1 Bilge pump in each hull with float switch and 1 in the Nacelle.
- 1 manual bilge pump in each hull with controls in cockpit.
- Black water holding tank and macerator pump, 50 liters.
- Water filtration system for pressurized drinking water and foldaway tap in the sink in Galley.
- Emergency Tiller.
- 3 Fire extinguishers.
- Man overboard light.
- Horse shoe life ring and holder.
- Flares pack.